Electrical Defects and Deficiencies from Our Home Inspections
- Significant corrosion of conductors and bus bar. Notice the green copper wires.
- Over-filled and open junction within attic. A larger closed box is needed.
- Haphazard light fixture installation by bedroom clothes closet shelf. A significant fire hazard.
- Insulation of one wire (second down from top) extending into terminal prevents proper contact.
- Extensive overheating of terminals and conductors.
- Significant overheating of neutral conductor (top). Terminal connection is loose.
- Improper multiple conductor connection to lower terminal of circuit breaker. This terminal is suitable for only one wire.
- Inadequate splice of grounding conductors. Loosely twisted together.